Tuesday, March 14, 2006

my baby is sick

my baby is sick
a Dr Daisy Chan at SGH concluded Elisya has bronchitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bronchial tubes. i know that her cough was bad but we didn't expect this. Doc said she don't need to be warded yet. YET! was the word of the day. i will have to monitor if she refuse feeding or breatlessness or sort of a different colour. i am to sent her to A&E immediately!!
recently i just heard of a story how a month old baby choked to death simply due to over feeding! all because mommy was busy shopping. she did not notice the baby in her arms untill baby has turn blue. such a tragedi when mommy is actually a nurse!
i cannot help but blame myself. i left for my parents place on friday. she had no cough then. on sat and sun I went on a shopping sphree with my ma. i drag her along with me. I shop all the things i shouldn't have. thinking i may not have the luxury to go out again. *true enuff* we headed to the malls and expo. baby was sleeping the whole time we were out on both days. now where did the cough come from. how did she get virul infection of the lungs? wat if she had turn blue in her stroller? I would not have noticed. if a nurse could not save her baby...
'Elisya dear, ummie apologise for neglecting ya. ummie should not have drag you out too soon. just hearing you cough put tears to my eyes. get well soon my dear....'

No comments: