Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Shan' s Nasi Pilau Beriani mix

It was a nightmare from the beginning!
the instruction on the box was incomplete. There was nothing instant about it. the steps were plenty and massive works to be done. I google to find if others had instructions for this and attempt to follow it.I was SUPER STRESSED even if it was my helper who was doing the cooking!!!!!

The results?! It was a tasty beriani dish but the botton pot of rice was too soft and clumpy.
Conclusion... Get away from such mixes since I have the ingredients at home. Follow mother-in-law's logical way of rice cooking was a better bet. I always hesitate to make Indian dishes as I worry to disappoint him since his family had great cooks that spoilt his taste buds. Anyway he was polite and loving saying there was nothing wrong with it and it taste good!!
my 2nd baby gurl by the way gave another picture..." Ummie, the rice taste different. It tastes like watermelon! So I advised her if fail at cooking or baking something tell me about it but its our secret.. and she said Ok Ummie.. Our secret!.. Masha'Allah the cutest face I've seen.

No comments: