Saturday, June 24, 2006

jolt

jolt
bulk of our letters are bills of course. all with my name on it. however one mail stood out. it was from SPH. he highlighted it to me. i told him maybe i won a contest somewhat. he got excited. in turn i too got hyped up. he was confident it must be a lucky draw contest. now that i am writing it out... i could have been a new owner of NissanSunny from NTUC! well i knew we were gonna be disappointed. he ripped it open and pull out a nice heavy coloured printed kinda of paper.. the letter spelled out for us in bold...
.
UNSUCCESSFUL REGISTRATION
.
with a familiar logo : shape.com?.... then it hit me.. arrgghh.. my set goal.. my shape run... my promise to syidzz.. my 5km run cert.. *hee.. still going for certs...*
due to overwhelming response they said. i was not successful. some lines later it says that i can write to some athletics association about my failure to register. thats it... maybe they dont have my name listed in the athletics association. maybe they know i am a fat mother who wont make it to the finishing line.. they are so wrong. i can make it.. just a wee bit longer than others... hee
well i am still invited to the event and still able to collect the goodie bag.. woohoo.. all this without having to pay the $15 that they asked for earlier.. yahhoo..
.
but what about my efforts.. wasted? of course not.. i have to admit it feels like it... now i will change my course. i will start to d.i.e.t.. ha!.. i will try to lose all that post preggiweight that is still hanging at the lower half of my body... in fact i am feeling all pshyched up to lead a better life!
.
thanx to Oprah's episode 'Ten Years Younger' it features how woman got a slap in their face by their own horrid reflections. so they workout and got a change of wardrobe and hair makeover... voila a new person is evolved. well they did not cheat though. they really sweat it out.. so now i can do it too..
.
lets start with exercise.. check *will try to do more at home and walk more of that 5klik routine*
food... check *have to practice healthier eating habits.. bluek*
H20... check *i cant seem to let 1L pass down my throat yet its not even the min req*
diet pills.. check *bad move but what the heck*
err.. ya wardrobe.. check *a new hijjab donner so most of my wardrobe is new anyway.. but sexy clothes is out of the question*
hair makeover... check *lets make that face makeover instead*
quality time wit my husband and family... check *once a month nightout with him plus looking out for diving courses as i write.. family?..err think later*
.
now those are big ambitions but rather achievable really... so lets start now..
*i'm off to lunch at McDonald's!...oops... err..without french fries ok wat....*
C'caine

No comments: